Prior to practicing as a lawyer, I was a computer programmer. I have always had an affinity for helping entrepreneurs develop and exploit their technology creations. To that end I help clients obtain and maintain copyrights and trademarks. I assist companies with the creation of trade secret protocols. I frequently am asked to negotiate license agreements on behalf of both licensors and licensees of intellectual property. I have had the good fortune of working with cutting-edge clients executing business plans involving e-commerce and cellular marketing.
- Obtain over fifty federal and state trademark registrations for clients.
- Assist clients in policing trademark registrations and obtain favorable outcomes with third parties that infringe trademarks.
- Negotiate intellectual property licenses with licensees such as Microsoft, Google, and bio tech companies.
- Prepare standardized suite of documents for client to protect its intellectual property, including non-disclosure, licensing, and employee confidentiality agreements.
- Advise e-commerce client on appropriate steps to limit exposure in distant jurisdictions.