Employment law is an ever-changing matrix of confusing, and sometimes conflicting, state and federal laws. I try to help my clients not get lost in the maze of minutiae, and stay focused on their objectives. For corporate clients, I provide counsel to stay compliant with workplace regulations and to handle potential disputes with an eye towards avoiding litigation. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. For employees, I advise with respect to employment agreements, matters of compensation, and termination scenarios. In addition, I frequently advise both technology companies and entrepreneurs on matters involving issues unique to intellectual property such as the assignment of inventions and the enforceability of non-competes. I have brought employment discrimination cases before the Equal Opportunity Commission.
- Represent both employers and employees with respect to disputed termination scenarios.
- Prepare employment policy and procedure manuals for clients.
- Advise both employers and employees with respect to drafting and implementing non-competition agreements.
- Advise companies with respect to drafting standard employee agreements such as offer letters, invention assignments, confidentiality agreements, and termination agreements.
- Represent employees in matters brought before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.